We are currently recruiting a Senior Laboratory Manager for a large and growing contract testing company in Cambridgeshire.
As the Lab Manager you will have overall responsibility for both the Organics and Inorganics Laboratories. You will oversee the quality, H&S and all technical aspects in the laboratory and manage continuous improvement to further advance laboratory efficiencies.
- Deliver on laboratory targets including performance, quality & compliance.
- Have overall responsibility for all technical and operational processes in the laboratories.
- Coordinate analytical method development and validation activities.
- Manage recruitment, staff (including performance, training, appraisals and development) and the quality management system (QMS).
- Resolve problems arising from the laboratory including performance, processes, quality and technical.
To be successful in this role:
- Candidates will be degree qualified in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry (or similar subject) and have experience in managing an Analytical laboratory, ideally in an Organics and/ or Inorganics lab.
- You will have experience in a range of analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, GC-MS, ICP and ICP-MS and be an ‘expert’ user of at least 2 of these analytical techniques including method development and validation.
- Ideally candidates will have previous experience in an environmental testing laboratory working to ISO17025.
The company is rapidly growing and offers a great opportunity for a Lab Manager or experienced Team Leader to take the next step in their career.
For further details or to apply please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Laboratory Manager, Analytical Chemist, Team Leader, Section Leader, HPLC, GC, ICP, supervisor, Head of Analytical.