We are currently looking for Organic Chemists and Medicinal Chemists for a growing pharmaceutical drug discovery company in the East Midlands.
As a Synthetic Organic Chemist, you will support and/or lead Medicinal Chemistry projects in early stage drug discovery by developing novel small molecule drugs at the hit-to-lead and lead optimization stage.
- Design and conduct synthesis of small molecules
- Carry out complex Synthesis, purification, and characterisation of new molecules.
- Design and run experiments using standard laboratory techniques.
- Develop synthetic routes and perform novel synthesis of target molecules.
- Compile and review project reports and documentation.
Ideal candidates for the Medicinal Chemist roles will:
Have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, with experience in multi-step organic synthesis.
PhD Organic Chemists with a Post Doc or industrial experience are also being considered for a Senior Scientist and Principal Scientist roles.
The company pride themselves on staff development, offering continuous learning and career opportunities.
Key words: Medicinal, Synthetic, Synthesis, Organic, Drug discovery, Drug Development, Pharmaceutical, PhD, Post Doc, Chemistry, Researcher,