Associate Director - Bioscience
We are currently working with an award-winning drug discovery company in the East Midlands who are looking to recruit an Associate Director of Bioscience.
As an Associate Director you will support the strategic leadership of the Bioscience department. Having extensive experience in a wide range of in vitro biology techniques, project management and leadership you will oversee several projects and multidiscipline teams (DMPK Scientists, Medicinal Chemists, Bioscientists and Computational Chemists) to ensure departmental & company objectives, along with client projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Take a leading role in the Bioscience department strategic plans, development and resource management.
- Act as Project Director having a ‘senior’ oversight on project design and strategy.
- Manage and lead groups of Scientists being responsible for their career development.
- Promote collaborative working between departments.
- Having expertise in a therapeutic area or scientific process you will act as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Lead and implement strategies to support overall business growth.
- Provide financial oversight and input into all project activities (quotes, project reports and presentations).
- Represent the company externally in at least one key scientific body.
- Lead the recruitment of new Bioscientists.
To be successful in this role,
Candidates will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline and have extensive experience in a range of in vitro biology techniques supporting small molecule drug discovery.
You will have experience working in a strategic leadership role with a proven track record in successful performance management and employee development.
Having experience working with multiple stakeholders/ divisions you will have excellent engagement and influencing skills at senior management level.
Expertise in enzymology and/or a neuroscience is desirable but not essential.
This is a fantastic time to join this dynamic and growing company. For further details please contact Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Bioscientist, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Assay Development, Cellular Assays, Cell Biology, Biochemical Assays, Molecular, Biophysical and Cell Imaging Assays, Principal Scientist