Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
We are currently working with a leading drug discovery company who are looking to recruit an Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry.
As an Associate Director you will support the strategic leadership of the Chemistry department. Having extensive experience in medicinal chemistry, project management and leadership you will oversee several projects and scientific teams to ensure departmental & company objectives, along with drug discovery projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Take a leading role in the Medicinal Chemistry department managing planning, strategy, development, and resource management.
- Act as Project Director having a ‘senior’ oversight on project design and strategy.
- Manage and lead groups of Scientists being responsible for their career development.
- Promote collaborative working between departments.
- Having expertise in a therapeutic area or scientific process you will act as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Lead and implement strategies to support overall business growth.
- Provide financial oversight and input into all project activities (quotes, project reports and presentations).
- Represent the company externally in at least one key scientific body.
- Lead the recruitment of new Medicinal Chemists.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Extensive experience leading drug discovery projects.
- Experience in defining strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
- Worked in a strategic leadership role with a proven track record in successful performance management and employee development.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders/ divisions you will have excellent engagement and influencing skills at senior management level.
The Associate Director- Medicinal Chemistry role comes with a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining this highly successful company, please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.