Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
We are currently working with a leading drug discovery company who are looking to recruit an Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry.
As an Associate Director you will support the strategic leadership of the Chemistry department and act as project director for key drug discovery projects. Having extensive experience in medicinal chemistry, project management and leadership you will oversee several projects and scientific teams to ensure company objectives and projects are delivered.
- In this leading managerial role, you will manage teams of scientists and lead projects having a ‘senior’ oversight on multiple projects, including design and strategy, technical direction and resource management.
- Manage and lead groups of Scientists being responsible for their career development.
- Work collaboratively between departments.
- Lead and implement strategies to support overall business growth.
- Provide financial oversight and input into all project activities (quotes, project reports and presentations).
- Represent the company externally in at least one key scientific body.
- Lead the recruitment of new Medicinal Chemists.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Extensive experience leading drug discovery projects.
- Experience in designing and defining strategies for drug discovery projects
- Experienced in performance management, coaching and employee development.
- Experience working collaboratively with DMPK, Assay Development and Computation Chemistry teams.
- You will have excellent engagement and influencing skills at management level.
The Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry role comes with a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining this highly successful and growing company, please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.