We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a BD Manager to join a leading contract drug discovery and development company.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development you will identify and develop new business and grow current accounts in Europe.
- Using consultative and strategic sales skills prospect new business and grow current accounts.
- Lead the preparation and plan activities to agreed KPI’s 6 months in advance.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities and attend relevant conferences across the Europe to build rapport with potential key customer contacts.
- Respond to and follow through on sales enquiries and leads.
- Drive new business development within your territory developing new customers.
- Achieve sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the territory.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant and timely management information.
- Actively manage the sales process, including lead generation; consultative selling; negotiation and close.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline and through the CRM software.
To be successful in this role:
Candidates will be degree or PhD qualified in Chemistry and have experience in a business development role within the Pharmaceutical industry. Ideally you will have experience in selling drug discovery or drug development services and have an in-depth knowledge of preclinical development in either analytical chemistry, Drug Discovery, API development, Process Development or formulation.
Working remotely, it is expected travel will be about 60% of the time.
Key words: Pharmaceutical, CRO, drug discovery, Drug Development, PRD, Process Development, GMP, Sales, BD Manager, Business Development, Salesforce.