We are currently recruiting a Laboratory Manager for a rapidly growing testing company in Cambridgeshire.
As the Laboratory Manager you will have responsibility for both the Organics and Inorganics Laboratories. You will oversee the quality, H&S and all technical aspects in the laboratory and manage continuous improvement to further advance laboratory efficiencies.
- Deliver on laboratory targets including performance, quality & compliance.
- Have responsibility for laboratory technical and operational processes.
- Coordinate analytical method development and validation activities.
- Manage a large team of Laboratory Analysts (including performance, training, appraisals, development and recruitment) and the quality management system (QMS).
- Resolve problems arising from the laboratory including performance, processes, quality and technical.
To be successful in this role:
- Candidates will be degree qualified in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry (or similar subject) and have experience in managing an Analytical laboratory.
- You will have experience in a range of analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, GC-MS, ICP and ICP-MS and be an ‘expert’ user of at least 2 of these analytical techniques.
- Ideally candidates will have previous experience in an environmental testing laboratory working to ISO17025.
The company is rapidly growing and offers a great opportunity for a Lab Manager or experienced Team Leader to take the next step in their career.
For further details or to apply please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Laboratory Manager, Analytical Chemist, Team Leader, Section Leader, HPLC, GC, ICP, supervisor, Head of Analytical.