A leading Drug Discovery company in Cambridgeshire is looking for a Medicinal Chemistry Team Leader. This is a newly created position due to the rapid growth of the company.
As a Medicinal Chemistry Team Leader, you will lead a multi-discipline team of Medicinal Chemists and Bioscientists to deliver drug discovery projects. You will be responsible for the project design & strategy and full project reports.
- Lead drug discovery projects including the leadership of project teams.
- Design and plan drug discovery projects which include hit identification, hit to lead and lead optimisation.
- Develop strategies and ensure all timelines and project objects are met.
- Prepare and review project reports and present results.
- Oversee and problem solve the organic synthesis for a range of novel drug molecules.
Ideal candidates will have:
A PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry and have experience in drug discovery. You will have previous experience leading teams or projects in drug discovery and have knowledge of DMPK and biology concepts in drug design.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist with project management experience to move into a Team Leader role.
To apply please send your cv to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: PhD, Post Doc, Medicinal, Organic, Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Pharmaceutical, Research, Senior Scientist, Principal Scientist, Group Leader, Biotechnology, synthesis, project leader, , synthetic, pharmaceutical, manager, team leader