Rowland Talent Solutions are working with a specialist water testing company in Kent to identify an experienced Microbiology Manager.
We are looking for someone with the determination and passion to drive a commercial Microbiology lab forward.
This is an exciting role for someone to set up and commission the new laboratory, implement and validate the microbiological water testing methods and lead the laboratory to UKAS accreditation.
- Manage the laboratory activities, including leading a team of Microbiologists, managing resources and the budget.
- Ensure UKAS standards are met for all new analytical methods.
- Support the Quality Manager to implement and maintain a quality management system (QMS).
- Review and ensure all current methodologies, instrumentation and equipment are calibrated and in working order.
- To provide a first-class water testing service to customers, supporting the growth of the business.
Ideal candidates will be degree or PhD qualified in Microbiology or related subject and have experience in water microbiology testing. You will have experience in managing staff, either as Lab Manager or a Team Leader and have experience working to quality standards such as UKAS/ ISO 17025.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in and grow a team in a brand-new laboratory.
To apply or to find out further details please send your cv to Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Microbiology, Lab Manager, Water Testing, drinking water, waste water, Environmental Testing, UKAS, Legionella, bacteria