We are currently looking for Organic Chemists and Medicinal Chemists for a growing pharmaceutical drug discovery and development company in the Midlands.
Joining this rapidly growing company, you will support and/or lead Medicinal Chemistry projects in early stage drug discovery by developing novel small molecule drugs at the hit-to-lead and lead optimization stage.
- Design and synthesise small molecules
- Carry out Synthesis, purification, and characterisation of new molecules
- Design and run experiments using standard laboratory techniques.
- Develop synthetic routes and perform complex synthesis of target molecules.
- Compile and review customer reports and documentation.
Ideal candidates for the Organic Chemist roles will:
Have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, with experience in multi-step organic synthesis or have a Masters (MChem, MSci, MSc) in Chemistry with some industrial experience working as a synthetic organic chemist.
PhD Organic Chemists with a Post Doc or industrial experience are also being considered for a Senior Scientist roles.
The company pride themselves on staff development and offering continuous learning opportunities.
Key words: Medicinal, Synthetic, Synthesis, Organic, Drug discovery, Drug Development, Pharmaceutical, PhD, Post Doc, Chemistry, Researcher, MChem