We are currently recruiting for a Principal Medicinal Chemist to join an innovative Biotech company in Oxfordshire.
The company is working in an exciting and groundbreaking area of science and as such they are looking for a high calibre Research Scientist to lead their chemistry drug discovery projects.
Working with the Director of Chemistry and several CROs you will lead the medicinal chemistry projects for the company. As the Principal Medicinal Chemist, you will have the responsibility to deliver high-quality small molecule development candidates.
- Manage medicinal chemistry teams at Contract Research Organisations to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Work with DMPK, biology, pharmacology, toxicology and safety assessment data to develop successful hit-to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns.
- Draft patent applications with patent attorneys and CROs.
- Devise and communicate strategies and project plans.
- Work in multidiscipline project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time.
Will be PhD qualified in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal chemistry and have extensive experience in drug discovery within the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry. It is essential that candidates have a strong innovation background and be an inventor on patent applications for biologically important molecules.
You will have a with a strong track record and experience in target selection, hit-identification through to hit-lead and lead optimisation. Previous experience in managing teams working at CROs along with extensive knowledge in synthetic chemistry including structure-based drug design and ADME optimisation is key for this role.
Key words: Medicinal Chemistry, Synthesis, drug discovery, Biotechnology, Oncology, Immunology, ADME, patent, Principal Scientist, research