We currently have a fantastic opportunity for Principal Medicinal Chemist to join a highly innovative company that supports drug discovery research through their unique technology platform.
Joining this machine learning drug discovery company, you will lead key projects across the drug discovery process. Working with multidisciplinary teams such as computational chemistry, DMPK, biology, pharmacology and external partners you will provide research support to identifying new drug compounds.
- Lead the medicinal chemistry on preclinical projects from hit identification through to candidate nomination.
- Drive drug discovery projects working with and managing remote teams at CROs.
- Utilise expertise and capabilities within the company along with external partners to support research projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contract research organisations and consultants.
- Work with intellectual property attorneys to provide chemistry and biology information required to support patent filings.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and proposal of new project ideas.
Will be PhD qualified in Medicinal Chemistry or Organic Chemistry and have extensive experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry leading drug discovery projects. You will have a proven track record working in all stages of drug discovery (Target ID, hit to lead, lead optimization and preclinical candidate evaluation) along with knowledge in a wide range of synthetic chemistry methods.
Candidates with experience of managing teams at CROs, evaluating competitors and filing patents is highly desirable.