Principal Medicinal Chemist
Rowland Talent Solutions are working with a leading Drug Discovery company who are looking for an experienced Medicinal Chemist to lead a team of Scientists to deliver key projects for the company.
In this Senior role you will lead a team of Scientists (Medicinal Chemists/ Organic Chemists) ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Design and plan projects, including resources and workloads for drug discovery teams.
- Manage multidisciplinary project teams to deliver potential drug compounds.
- Prepare and review written reports and presentations detailing project progress and strategy.
- Synthesise a wide range of novel drug molecules supporting hit identification, hit to lead and lead optimisation campaigns.
- Line management of a team of scientists having responsibility for coaching, personal and career development.
Ideal candidates will have a drug discovery background gained within a pharmaceutical, CRO or Biotech company. You will have a track record in leading teams in the discovery of small-molecule drugs and have exceptional scientific leadership skills in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry.
If you have the drive and passion for drug discovery and want an opportunity to lead successful medicinal chemistry teams on a range of therapeutic areas, then please send your cv to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions to hear more about this fantastic opportunity.
Key words: PhD, Post Doc, Medicinal, Organic, Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Pharmaceutical, Research, Senior Scientist, Principal Scientist, Group Leader, Biotechnology.