We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Medicinal Chemist to join a rapidly growing Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery company in the East Midlands.
As a Principal Medicinal Chemist you will manage several chemistry projects to develop novel small molecule drugs.
- Lead drug discovery projects managing resources, including a team of Organic Chemists to deliver projects on time.
- Troubleshoot and overcome problems with projects.
- Write project reports and updates in a timely manner.
- Oversee and develop new synthetic routes and perform synthesis on target molecules
- Support and coach Chemists in multi-step synthesis, reaction optimisation and scale-up (mg - gs).
- Solve complex medicinal and synthetic chemistry problems.
Will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry and have experience working as a Senior Organic Chemist or Medicinal Chemist within a Pharmaceutical, CRO or Biotechnology company.
As a Principal Medicinal Chemist, you will have previous experience in leading drug discovery projects and experience in supervising staff or training staff is highly desirable.
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced Medicinal Chemist to further their career in a rapidly growing research company.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package with great opportunities for further development.
To apply for the Principal Medicinal Chemist role please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Medicinal, Synthetic, Synthesis, Organic Chemist, Drug discovery, Drug development, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, NMR, Senior Scientist, Principal Scientist, Post Doc.