Principal Scientist - Bioscience
We are currently supporting the continued growth of an award-winning drug discovery company in the East Midlands. They are now looking for a Principal Scientist to join their highly successful Bioscience department.
As a Principal Scientist you will lead and oversee a broad range of projects and support multi-discipline teams in a range of molecular targets and therapeutic areas.
- Lead a group of Scientists being responsible for their career development.
- Lead projects in assay development (cellular and biochemical assays) and chemical lead mechanism analysis.
- Having expertise in a therapeutic area or scientific process you will act as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Provide expert oversight and problem solving for experimental aspects of all projects.
- Plan and implement strategies in at least one area to support overall business growth.
- Provide financial oversight and input into all project activities.
- Represent the company externally in at least one key scientific body.
- Support the recruitment in of new Bioscientists.
To be successful in this role,
Candidates will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline and have experience in leading multiple projects within a drug discovery, CRO or Biotechnology company.
You will have a proven track record working with multiple stakeholders/ divisions and have excellent engagement and influencing skills at senior management level.
This is a fantastic time to join this dynamic and growing company - an opportunity not to be missed!
For further details please contact Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Key words: Bioscientist, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Assay Development, Cellular Assays, Cell Biology, Biochemical Assays, Molecular.