Rowland Talent Solutions are currently looking for a Production Manager to join a specialist scientific instrument R&D and manufacturing company in Gloucestershire.
The company develops and manufactures leading and highly technical scientific instrumentation for a range of industries including chemical, food and pharmaceuticals.
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing all activities in the production build environment, including leading a team of Engineers and Production staff and all resources.
- Management of the production department, including being responsibility for all scheduling, product quality and stock control.
- Support general production activities including building, testing and preparing goods for dispatch as well as undertaking service and technical support when required.
- Manage all instrument builds and orders, monitoring build progress, stock levels and non-conformance status.
- Review production activities to increase efficiency, ensure quality and optimise resource usage.
- Ensure production is carried out to quality standards including ISO 9001.
- Record and manage non-conformances to ensure they are properly actioned and resolved.
- Liaise with suppliers on all matters from quotation requests, price negotiations, performance reviews and non-conformances.
- Work with R&D and Engineering teams on the development of new products as well as on the optimisation of existing products.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the production, build or manufacturing of a highly technical, complex and high precision instrumentation or products. You will have previous management experience in leading a team and/ or production department.
A degree or relevant qualifications in physics, electronics or engineering is desirable for this role.
As part of this role, there is an occasional need to travel to customer sites to undertake servicing and repairs.