Supply Chain Specialist with a background in Organic Chemistry
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Organic Chemist looking for a commercial/ non-lab based role.
A leading speciality chemical company in the South West are looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join them as a Supply Chain Specialist.
- Work with the Supply Chain manager to evaluate sourcing options for all new and existing products
- Source, review and negotiate quotes from suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, document a network of suppliers of catalogue-type products.
- Assist with supplier qualification and monitor supplier performance
- Work with QC to evaluate analytical data and raise any queries with suppliers.
- Ensure accurate product technical data and attributes are recorded correctly
- Assist Chemistry with the sourcing of bespoke starting materials
- Assist with bulk or custom quotations
- Generate product specifications
You will have a Degree, Masters (MChem, MSc) or PhD in a science subject with a strong focus on Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or Chemical Biology.
You will have excellent communication skills with a high attention to detail.
Previous experience in industry or a Post Doc is desirable.
To apply please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Please note the company is unable to sponsor visas for candidates without eligibility to work in the UK